The Stress Free Pets pet professionals course and certification provides you with world class knowledge and skills on animal handling and behaviour to provide stress free experiences and environments across a range of pet professions including grooming, training, day care and shelters.
Your investment will include the Stress Free Pets e-learning course. Your annual membership benefits include access to a network of Stress Free Pets professionals, closed facebook group, ongoing CE and tools to implement and market your certification.
Stress Free Pets for Pet Professionals is a certification course that consists of 7 modules for pet professionals and those wanting to start a career in the animal care and Veterinary industry. Each module concludes with a 10 question quiz to ensure understanding and certification standards are met. Focusing on best practice, this self-paced course has been developed in collaboration with and is presented by Veterinary behaviour specialists and internationally recognised experts.
On successful completion of all 7 modules you will obtain certification as a Stress Free Pet Professional.
Continual professional development:
We are continually improving our courses and adding professional CE and tools for our members. To ensure our education programs maintain the highest professional standard, our advisory board of Veterinary Behaviour Specialists regularly reviews all Stress Free Pets courses.
Each year you will be required to maintain your professional certification with 4 hours of CE. These 4 hours of professional CE are included in your annual membership. Future topics of CE and modules include:
- Industry and environment specific such as grooming, shelters, day care and training.
- Species specific such as reptile and equine.
- Advanced techniques including advanced cooperative care techniques.
- Understanding canine body language: Canine communication
- Understanding feline body language: Feline communication
- Creating a Stress Free clinic environment
- Recognising and reducing stress, fear and anxiety in the hospital environment
- Stress Free handling techniques #1
- Prevention of stress, fear and anxiety prior to arrival at the clinic
- Implementation and maintaining momentum of the ‘Stress Free’ Program
Students studying the Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing will gain access to the clinical modules on graduation of their certificate, at no additional charge. The following modules form part of the Stress Free Pets for Veterinary professionals course. On completion of the following modules you will obtain certification as a Stress Free Veterinary Professional. A title only available to qualified Veterinary Nurses and Veterinarians.
- Cooperative Care: Learning theory & training for the clinical environment
- Stress Free handling techniques #2: Our canine patients
- Stress Free handling techniques #3: Our feline patients